Sunday 25 March 2012

Beautiful Fires.


Some 'Flash Fiction'.




The spark had ignited, and the unquenchable flames were spreading.

In a matter of days, entire towns were starting to burn up. Residents leaving behind only a dime sized spot of ashes. All at once the world erupted.

Chaos and beautiful serenity embraced all faculties. Humanity knew its end was here.

Or beginning.

No scientific or religious explanation was set to answer for what was happening. Not for their lack of effort though, believe me they tried.

The real understanding could only be had after the cinders. People applied a name to the phenomenon; Astral Apex. I guess it was their thought that we reached the pinnacle of this reality and our insides, our minds, or souls, or energy were moving on.

After hundreds of thousands of mankind already burning away, the even more inexplicible started to happen.

We truly never understood fire. It truly, so truly is a god's wonder.

When a previously human inhabited place had been completely vacated, the creations and dwellings of man started to dissipate. Not burn up the same way we were, but just gently dematerialize like a supernova smoldering each individual atom away.

Some ultimate happening was taking place. We were moving on, and all that we had left behind was being cleansed away.

There is no system to where and when this happens. It just does.

I am still here now, waiting.

Not much longer I imagine, though I am ready. Ready to burn up.

I am watching it all pass, and this is not chaos. This is grace. Beautiful awe shaking grace.

I am so hot inside, but it is the most serene warmth I have ever felt in my life. I am burning up like all the rest.

Moments until my eyes close and open to see beyond the universe.

The beautiful fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment